If you’re having issues with your water quality such as scale accumulation due to hardness, sediment buildup, rust stains on laundry and plumbing fixtures, or you’re simply tired of the taste and smell of added chemicals, you should consider having a whole-home filtration system installed.
How a Whole-Home Water Filtration System Works
This type of filtration system is placed at entry point of your home’s water supply. Because all the incoming supply goes through the system, filtered water gets distributed through the plumbing pipes to every faucet, fixture and water-using appliance in your home. There are a number of different types of systems available to address specific water quality problems, such as:
· Ion exchange softeners for hard water.
· Reverse osmosis systems to capture sediment particles.
· Ultraviolet (UV) light to eradicate bacterial or viral contaminants.
· Activated-carbon filters or oxidizing systems to improve taste and eliminate odours.
· If there are several issues with your water quality, there are multi-stage systems available that combine these technologies into a single unit.
To choose the best type for your particular needs, have your water tested first then get an expert recommendation from a professional plumber. Once your filtration system is installed, you can start reaping benefits such as:
· Better tasting, healthier drinking water. Installing a system that removes potentially harmful chemicals like chlorine not only improves the taste of your water and eliminates unpleasant odours, it also reduces your exposure to a known carcinogen that can also worsen asthma and allergies.
· Less wear on your plumbing system and water-using appliances. A water filtration system that gets rid of hard water minerals that can build up in your pipes and appliances protects them from damage and extends their useful service life.
· Protection against problems with the city water supply. With a system in place to trap sediment and eradicate bacterial and viral contaminants, you’ll still have clean, safe water to drink if a break occurs in a water main, or the municipal supply is under a boil order.
For more advice about installing a water filtration system in your Calgary home, contact us today at Arpi’s Industries.