As a homeowner, having a technician provide excellent customer service is important in maintaining energy-efficient HVAC equipment in your Calgary area home. Developing a mutually beneficial business relationship with a local HVAC contractor will ensure years of comfort for your family and possibly save you future expenses on utility bills or repair costs.
There are certain steps an HVAC contractor should take to initiate and maintain a professional relationship with you and your family, including earning your respect and trust. Here are a few examples of excellent HVAC customer service.
Your HVAC contractor should answer your telephone calls or emails quickly and efficiently, especially during an emergency. By responding to your concerns in a timely manner, your contractor displays both an interest in you as a customer and a high level of professionalism. An HVAC contractor who is only available from 9 to 5 and not on weekends need not apply.
- If you have a problem with your heating or cooling system, hot water heater, boiler or plumbing, an HVAC contractor should give you an honest, straightforward description of the job.
- You should be provided with a solid estimate of the cost and length of time it will take to complete the work.
- If there is a less expensive solution to your problem, your HVAC technician should explain the alternative.
Skills, Training and Experience
- Specific knowledge and training is necessary to deal with specific HVAC systems. Older units may need specialized attention and the knowledge of all the equipment’s components.
- On the other hand, state-of-the-art systems often require more involved technical skills. A contractor should offer to explain his technical experience and professional certifications and answer any questions.
Cheapest doesn’t always mean best, but you should be able to negotiate a reasonably priced maintenance agreement with an HVAC contractor. Preventative maintenance is an important aspect of such contracts and should be included in the package.
For expert HVAC customer service with any of your home comfort issues, please contact us at Arpi’s Industries, Ltd. We have been proudly serving Calgary for more than 50 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Calgary, Alberta about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “iQoncept/Shutterstock”