When you’re purchasing a new air conditioner, furnace or boiler, several key considerations are paramount. Not only will the efficiency rating and features of your new equipment dictate the return on your investment, but any HVAC warranties that you purchase will also help to maximize your selection.
Most manufacturers offer HVAC warranties on their equipment, but not all warranties — or manufacturers — are the same. So it pays to learn about warranty options.
Lennox, the leading manufacturer of heating, cooling, ventilation and indoor air quality equipment, offers some of the best HVAC warranties around. Lennox has a longstanding, unparalleled reputation for providing high-value products at a competitive price.
On Lennox equipment, the manufacturer offers the following terms for:
- Signature Series equipment: Ten years for parts, 10 years for the compressor and 20 years on the heat exchanger.
- Elite Series products: A five-year warranty for parts, 10 years for the compressor and 20 years for the heat exchanger.
- Merit Series equipment: Five-year protection for parts, five years for compressors and 20 years for heat exchangers.
In addition to basic warranty protection, you can choose to purchase supplemental warranties that extend beyond the initial terms:
- Limited Extended terms: This will boost parts and compressor coverage to 10 years. Lennox also offers a supplemental package for improved heat exchanger protection for some gas furnaces.
- Complete Care Plus Extended terms: This provides coverage for repairs after your initial warranty expires, is fully transferable if you should sell your home, and it include perks such as no deductible, service for any brand of HVAC equipment, and the option to extend coverage for up to 12 years for parts and labor.
When you purchase HVAC equipment, be sure to ask your local HVAC contractor about other warranties for which your are eligible, or that they offer as a business.
If you have questions about HVAC warranties or would like to ask any other questions about your home heating and cooling equipment, contact Arpi’s Industries today. We’ve been helping homeowners in the greater Calgary area for nearly 50 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC warranties and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.