As a homeowner in the Calgary area, you probably have a lot of questions about your heating and cooling systems. Where do you go to get the answers? We’re starting our new home comfort blog for the purpose of answering some of those questions and making it a little bit easier for you to get the comfort and indoor air quality you’re looking for.Did you ever wonder why some rooms are hot and others cold? Or why it seems like your energy bills are too high? Do you suffer from breathing problems in your home? Your HVAC system may hold the answers to these issues. Over the next few months, we’ll discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Safety & Service Inspections – Why they are important
- Purchasing a new system- How to choose and size a new HVAC system
- Furnaces- What you need to know to stay warm and save money on your energy bills
- Indoor air quality- How to keep your indoor air clean and healthy
- Your plumbing system- Keeping it functioning properly
- Lowering your energy bills- How to get greater efficiency from your system
And a lot more. With almost 50 years of experience in the HVAC business, we know a lot about home comfort. In our opinion, the best way for homeowners to stay comfortable, avoid costly repairs and reduce energy bills is to learn how to properly choose, operate and maintain their systems so that they get the best performance possible, for the longest time. A well-maintained system can save you as much as 30% in energy costs each year! Other factors, including proper sizing and installation of equipment, can also save you significant money on the operating and maintenance of your system. So, it’s a good idea to be informed about your heating and cooling equipment. If you want to know more about your HVAC system, check in with us each week where you’ll find the information you need to stay comfortable, avoid breakdowns, lower your energy bills and improve your indoor air quality.