Considering solar-powered energy for your home? Want to make substantial savings on your bills? Here are four easy steps that can move you toward solarizing your home.
1. Seek Consultation.
Call us for a consultation. We will able to tell you more about the process and determine whether your house is ideal for solar power. We will also schedule a home visit to assess the following requirements:
- Sun Exposure: For the best results, your roof should be free of shade from trees or other structures. It should also provide southern exposure. If so, the consultant should be able to estimate your monthly and annual energy-generation potential.
- Size of Roof: Solar modules generally require 15 square feet. Depending on how many you want, your roof may or may not be big enough.
2. Learn about Building Restrictions.
Homeowners’ Associations (HOA) often require that modifications such as solar installation be approved by the board. You may have to submit your solar installation plans prior to proceeding with the installation.
3. Confirm that your Utility Service and Electrical Wiring are in Place.
We will check your utility company’s grid power. We’ll also check to see that the distribution panel is in place and that all required specifications are met to ensure compliance.
4. Check With Your Utility Company About Pertinent Programs and Policies.
Utility companies often have programs that will allow you to receive credit for some of the excess electricity your solar power generates. Some of these programs, however, require that you generate a certain amount of power to qualify for the rebates and incentives.
By having solar panels installed on your house, you will save money both through reduced utility bills and rebates. In Alberta, you can reduce your annual A/C operation costs by up to 68 percent by using solar-powered energy. Also, government agencies often offer rebates to those invested in solar power energy.
Arpi’s can help you evaluate your home’s potential. For more information, contactus.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about solar power and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Arpi’s services Calgary, Alberta. Visit our website to see our special offers to get started today!