Today’s homeowners are not only concerned about energy efficiency, but they are also keenly aware of how their homes can impact their health. That’s why many homeowners are turning to air purification, a whole-house system that removes contaminants, increasing quality of life.
An air purification system offers a multitude of benefits besides improved indoor air quality. It will:
- Purify the air in the entire home, whereas a portable device is generally restricted to a certain room or rooms in a home.
- Provide targeted, effective purification against all three classes of contaminants.
- Increase the value of your home, if you’re planning on selling it.
- Achieve hospital-grade air purification.
So just how does an air purification system like Lennox’ PureAir achieve these lofty goals?
- As air moves through your home’s HVAC equipment, it is first heated or cooled.
- Then, the air purifier draws air out of that stream using a dedicated blower.
- The air then moves through the system’s first line of purification: a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) 16 filter, which is designed to trap tiny particles and bioaerosols down to 0.01 microns.
- Next, the air moves through ultraviolet lights, where the rays combine with a powerful catalytic insert, and these two technologies break down the last class of contaminants, chemical vapors and odors.
This type of system goes beyond just removing tiny pollutants. It performs, too. Within 24 hours of installation, the system will quickly remove about half of all contaminants within your home’s indoor air. As it continues to run, the air in your home will continue to improve.
When selecting a system for your home, you’ll want to be sure to work with your contractor to correctly size the system so the air purifier can remove contaminants at a rate consistent with your home’s square footage. As a general rule, the unit should be roughly two-thirds the size of the square footage it will cover.
Get the best air purification available today and reduce the level of contaminants in your home. Need help selecting a system? Contact Arpi’s Industries, serving Calgary-area homeowners for almost 50 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air purification and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.