Arpi's Industries is the largest mechanical contractor in Western Canada. Arpi’s celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2013 as well as being named as Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. Since our inception in Alberta in 1963, our company has established a proud legacy of success, progress and growth. After 52 years of operations in Calgary, we are looking forward to continuing to provide our clients with unparalleled service. We aim to grow our team with some of the most innovative and forward thinking people in the industry.
Arpi’s is currently looking for a Mechanical Project Manager in our Commercial Division. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Construction Manager. The Mechanical Project Manager must be able to lead the project team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of commercial mechanical projects ranging in size up to $20,000,000. The successful candidate is responsible to ensure assigned projects are executed in accordance with company expectations, to the satisfaction of the client and according to documented policies and procedures. The applicant should possess a minimum of 5 years related work experience as a mechanical project manager as well as have experience with computerized estimated systems, Microsoft project, and computerized operations systems.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Manage and lead the project team
- Review the project with estimating team and set up budget for the project
- Develop a project plan/schedule with project team inclusive of sub trades, allocate or recruit project staff to ensure that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required standard (specification)
- Apply for all necessary permits
- Develop and implement action plans for resolution of conflicts, schedule time line issues
- Utilize resources in an effective manner
- Maintain relationships with general contractor, CM, consultants etc.
- Work with general contractor, CM, consultants, other trades through correspondence, meetings etc to remove roadblocks, maintain schedule etc.
- Record and manage project issues, escalating issues where necessary
- Maintain a co-operative, motivated and successful team
- Co-ordinate the efforts of our CAD/BIM team on the project
- Identify, monitor and respond to risks to the Company
- Provide a monthly management report to management summarizing the projects progress to date.
- Look for employees/foremen doing things right and give positive recognition (hand shake, verbal, PSR card, extra coffee, pop/coffee, etc).
- Review and approve invoices on project purchases
- On receipt of approved shop drawings, release equipment to meet mechanical schedule dates
- All sub-trades have completed applicable safety orientation/ courses for site. Review training records
- Review site safety tool box meeting minutes, FLHA’s and attend monthly safety review with Safety Dept. and Superintendent
- Review accident/ incident reports are completed on site. Was effective corrective action taken to prevent reoccurrence (own forces/ sub-contractors)
Schedule/ Budget Management:
- With Subs plan and eliminate interferences, help maintain schedule, audit progress and roadblocks
- In conjunction with Safety Dept - chair Arpi's Safety Orientation with Sub Trades
- Open and maintain RFI/ CCN/SI logs
- Review all project CCN/SI's, issue relevant CCN/SI's to sub trades and equipment suppliers for pricing. Review and understand sub trade pricing. Price and submit CCN/SI's
- On receipt of Contract Revision – oversee update Timberline contract, issue contract revisions to sub trades and PO's for equipment
- Review sub trade monthly progress claims and incorporate in to Arpi's monthly progress claim
- Collate project close out documentation (start up and commissioning reports)
- Chair mechanical commissioning meetings with sub trades and produce mechanical commissioning schedule
- Coordinate mechanical commissioning with manufacturers and sub trades
- Review monthly job costing against PEP charts and flag any potential concerns
- Provide regular job cost/PEP feed back to management
- Complete estimates to complete on a regular basis
- Forecast project profits at key project milestones
- Manage, record and maintain billing of project
- Manage, record and verify sub trade billing of project
- Manage, record, and maintain Change notices/RFI/Site Instructions issued for project including reconciliation with relevant sub trades
- Provide a summary of major roadblocks and indicate the need for escalation
- Audit and provide feedback on performance of shop for on time deliveries
- On a weekly basis update PEP labour charts and issue to site
- Review project costs vs. budget regularly and manpower costing and project blended rate
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits. To apply please email email@example.com and reference job: Commercial Mechanical Project Manager, or go online at www.arpis.com and use our online application process.